Sunday, May 9, 2010

She's the best

I remember back in high school, i use to think the world revolved around me. Attention seeking teen? Yes, but it was not the case. I had a hard time breaking out of my barrier so i felt trapped and threw all my anger against those who were closest to me, especially my mother. Now that i think of it, she must have suffered a lot during those years because of me.
I'm bad at expressing my feelings and displaying my affection in front the people that i love so i always end up guarding them. Since it's mothers day today, i would like to take this chance to say i love you and i'm sorry, mom. I know i haven't been the greatest of a daughter to you these past years, but you have been more than an amazing mother to me. I am blessed to have you by my side. Because of you, i have become the person that i am today. I am thankful to have you my side when i needed you. I appreciate our occasional late night conversations over tea and sweets when the "men" in the household are asleep; I cherish those times the most. There are times when i questioned myself how do you coop with this crazy-loud-tantrum-thrower child of yours, but your the only adult that gets me. Like they say, mothers know best. Thank you for everything, mom. You're my hero, my inspiration... :)


<3


1 comment: