Monday, September 13, 2010

Captain Oats + Princess Sparkle

The OC was probably the highlight of my teen years. Every friday, my friends and i would gather around our lunch table, talking and breaking down every details of the episode that aired the night before and of course, gushing over Seth Cohen. We used to also idolizeobsessworship Summer because the girl was hella pretty, had the most amazing fashion sense AND had fish-sex with the hottest fictional dork on the face of the earth! Need i say more? :P Seth and Summer were match made in heaven. Being all nostalgic...let's reminisce and remember one of tv's most memorable couple.

SETH: The point is, that guy doesn’t know, he doesn’t care about who you really are. In fact, he has no idea that every day of 3rd grade, you shared your lunch with that little, skinny squirrel that kept getting his nuts stolen by that fat squirrel.
SUMMER: I hated that mean squirrel!
SETH: And none of those guys were there when you had to read your poem aloud in class and your hand was shaking because you were nervous and you cared what the other kids thought.
SUMMER: Poem? What poem?
SETH: “I… wish I was a mermaid.”
SUMMER: You remember that? That was, like, sixth grade.
SETH: “I… wish I was a mermaid and… was friends with all the fish, a shiny tail and sea shells I- [Summer kisses him] I w-wish.”



SETH: Everything okay?
SUMMER: Yeah. It’s just the holidays can be hard, you know?
SETH: Yeah. Can I help?
SUMMER: You already have.



SUMMER: I mean, you want me to come with you, right?
SETH: Do I want you to come with me? Summer, you’re my little snow angel.


For me, it’s always been you, Summer. It’s always been you. I’ve tried to fight it and I’ve tried to deny it and I can’t, I can’t do it. You’re undeniable.

1 comment:

  1. It's too bad Mischa Barton wanted more money for her roll; hence, reason for her death in the third season.

    This show had much potential for many more seasons.

    ReplyDelete