Friday, November 26, 2010

Dear You, You and You

Because this is what i partially need to get off my mind before the finals.

Individual #1: I don't think it's a coincidence anymore that i bump into you every so often. In fact, don't you think that it's a bit too weird how we would always run into each other? I started investigating further when i got these sms from you saying (and i quote): "From where i'm sitting, i can see you're the prettiest girl in the library." or "Your smile is just as radiant as that sequin skirt you are wearing." and finally "You don't have to come and say hi to me. Ever since the day that i met you, you had me a hello." When i inquired you about this, you simply said it was meant to be. After thinking for a very long time, i came to the conclusion that it's NOT a coincidence but it was definitely MEANT to happen because YOU made it happen. Now, there's a reason why i don't reply to those sms: Persistence is a turn off.

Individual #2: Our conversations are always amazing and diverse. You always seem to know what and what not to say. You have a way of making the people around you feel smart and there's no complexity whatsoever in the way you think. Honestly, it is people like you that i'm attracted to the most (you get bonus points for your amazing talent and cute smile). Yet these past few days, you have troubled my thoughts. Since our last conversation, I'm still trying to figure out if your intentions were meant for my well being or simply yours. To be honest i was fine being in my cocoon until you disrupted it. I had a hard time swallowing the truth but as you can see, i am slowly accepting it even though it hurts. Even if i were to say yes, i would be doing it for all the wrong reasons. We're not going to make something out of it if none of our heart is mend yet. From what i see, yours is far from being healed. I don't know what will happen in the future (in fact, i hate anything that is premeditated), but i believe in chances. Therefore, i hope we keep in touch. If it's meant to be, it will happen. We will only know until then.

Individual #3:
I miss the beginning; how we went from being complete strangers to building a great long lasting friendship. I miss working together; how we would blast kpop in the store and team Friday. I miss the daily texting; whether it is about the most random things, your text would always put a smile on my face. I miss our long talks over the phone and how we would talk without even realizing how late it is because we said that it’s never too late to call each other. I miss listening to you whine like a 10 year old while you’re playing your video games. I miss having coffee and sitting at our usual table at Timmy’s. I miss having ice cream in the summer at the gelato place near the river. I miss playing the iPod game and trying to do the dance moves in the car. I miss going to ctown for some bbtea and nutella toast. I miss how you would always teach me something new that you learned in class. I miss spending time with your family because they simply remind me of mine. I miss our deep conversations and having to open ourselves up to each other. I miss how you would always pull on a strand of my hair and act innocent. I miss the way you would look at me like I’m the most special person in your life. I miss how you would delicately kiss my forehead. I miss how you would suddenly pull me up against you and we would hug for a really long time… I don’t know if it’s because of school that I’m thinking too much or simply because i’m a nostalgic person, but I always find myself thinking about all those times we’d spent together during the past months. I’ve come to realize how much I miss it and i need it right now.

2 comments:

  1. #1 sounds like a bit of a creep
    #2 sounds like a mind game
    #3 sounds like a sad song on replay.

    nostalgia kills sometimes. try not to think too much. i trust that you'll do well on finals! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. my thoughts:
    #1 is a creep
    #2 is sincere
    #3 is a memory

    i also believe is chances.. :)

    ReplyDelete