Monday, January 10, 2011

Resolutions

I thought i could get myself not writing one, but i get influenced most of the time. Everyone wrote theirs and i felt odd not having mine posted. I hate being on a bandwagon, but this just shows you how human and nonindependent i am (dang!). I guess i should see this as a blogging basic...

I have never taken new year's resolution seriously. That is mostly because i don't follow it. Punctuality and procrastination were the resolutions last year...and i failed within the first few weeks, the same day! I told myself that maybe those were not the best resolutions. This year, i'm confident of my goals. I'm actually looking forward to make an improvement and to change. Believe it or not, i made a lot of mistakes in 2010. Although there are moments that i will never forget and that i cherish a lot (hence the much needed trip to Asia), this made realize how unnecessary it was for me to put myself on an emotional turmoil all throughout last year. I want to start fresh. I should press the restart button. Smile more often. Put my worries and concerns aside. Live life to its fullest.

1) Become the best sister: Last year, my siblings and i hit rock bottom. I've never been so disappointed in myself. Mistakes done, lessons learned. I would like to rebuilt the relationship that i have with my brothers. Try and be there for them whenever they need me and work on our communications because i highly doubt they need another "mother" figure in the household.

2) Spend less money on food: So far i can say that i'm proud of myself. I've been spending less money eating out now. I tried calculating the amount of money i spent on food last year, and the numbers are crazy! It will be a bit hard considering that i'm the type of person who really enjoys the casual wine and dine at a nice restaurant once in a while. I'm not stopping myself from doing so, but i will cut back on the little spending such as drinks, lunches and snacks.

3) Engage in a physical activity: The last time i was practicing a physical activity was 3 years ago, my last PE class in college. Since, i've been feeling so out of shape. It doesn't really help when you're a big procrastinator and lazy. This year i want to change that. One of my co-worker have talked me into taking yoga classes and it really got me interested. I'm currently looking at few studios in Montreal and even got my bff wanting to take the classes with me. I'm quite excited about this one :)

4) Drink more water: -Here-

5) Fashion blog more often: I admit that the last few months, i have lost touch with my fashion insights. The main idea behind my blog when i first started it was to give readers my pov on art and fashion and to incorporate that with my daily life. I feel like bonjootea has become more of a personal diary of my life than anything. I really miss fashion blogging. But i'm not worried; you'll be reading a lot soon because NY Fashion Week is approaching soon (Feb.10th-17th). I'm starting a countdown!

*BONUS* Press the restart button: I've been hung up on the same problems over and over again. If pressing the restart button is what it takes for me to attain happiness, then this is what i need to work on the most. I now believe that letting go is not an option, but working with what i can and can't have, i can strive for some emotional honesty. I shouldn't be afraid to say what's on my mind and show that i also deserve what's best for me.

2 comments:

  1. reflecting on the past year and thinking about ways you can improve on that is a good thing! at least your resolutions are realistic :) 2011 is our year remember?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love you, you know that? :)

    ReplyDelete