Friday, February 18, 2011

April 24th, 2010

The weather today was surprisingly warm. Although it was cloudy and raining this morning, the sky eventually cleared out in the afternoon; displaying an almost perfect canvas as the sun started to set down. I don't if it was the codeine in my cold medicine or the nostalgic sound of Adele's Someone Like You playing in the background, but right there at that moment, as i laid on my bed looking at that sky through my bedroom window, i slowly got myself remembering the good, the bad and the nasty. But mostly the good; the days where i was at the peak of my happiness. April 24th, 2010 being one of them.

I still remember that day like it was yesterday. From the words that were exchanged to the laughter, from mutual understanding to new level of fluttering feelings, i honestly believe that i was the happiest girl out there as silly as this may sound. I wouldn't call that moment magic. It sounds too unrealistic. But it definitely felt real. The moment was right.

Because of today, i started writing down a list of all good moments i can remember in my diary. Whenever i'm not feeling well or insecure about something, i can look back and remember those times because i believe there's a reason for everything. Being a nostalgic person as i am, i seek comfort in those faint memories that a lot of people tend to forget. The most insignificant thing to one person, is the most significant thing to me. I have questioned myself many time of all the decisions that i took so far, and some people might not understand. But my motive is simple; I believe in happy beginnings.

No comments:

Post a Comment