Thursday, February 17, 2011

Grew to Love Him



I was in the car with my parents the other day on our way to have lunch when this song came on the radio. It definitely brought back a lot of childhood memories. Has it already been more than 20 years? My father was singing along to the song in a bad broken English, while my mother was laughing helplessly at him. Right then, at that moment I saw the love that they had for each other and I couldn't help but envy them. Despite the unusual circumstance on how they met and came to marry each other, I admire my mother for the decision she took.

When i asked her how she felt now, she answered: "I don't believe in equality. There will always be one person in that relationship who will love the other one more. You have to feel granted of what this person is able to bring you; happiness being one of them. I grew to love him because of this and it was a risk worth taken."

1 comment: