Monday, January 26, 2009

Music is my Life

I'm finally starting class tomorrow and I don't know if i should feel lazy or excited now. One things for sure though; i'll be heading somewhere else other than home or work during the day. I've been so unproductive during this years holiday vacation it's insane. I should have planned it out thoroughly last month. I feel like i've done nothing but being a lazy couch potato book worm. Oh well, i did have the chance to catch up on some tv shows i haven't watched in ages and reading a lot. Tomorrow class starts at 8h30 AM. I don't think there will be a lot to do except enduring the long trip to school in the morning traffic and listening to the professor giving us our course outline. I only have Physics this semester so i will end up having to attend class 2 times a week the most. With the free time on my schedule i thought about looking for a new job. If i'm lucky, i will leave my current place. I think i have had enough of the retail world.

Lately, other than books, i've been spending a crazy amount of money on music during the holidays. Yes, i mean that literally. I've been paying money for audio CDs. Now i'm not inversely implying that i've downloaded music before in the past, but let's just say some found their way into my files, for free. Regardless, i've been buying music now, and i feel really good about it. I know some people would say "The artist doesn't even get a penny from me when i buy their album" or "He/her have enough money already, they don't need my 10 bucks!". But after years of free music access offered to me, i've finally come to see things differently. It's true that major music artist don't get much of an album sale. But we are showing them support for their hard work and the people involved in the making process by purchasing an album. The same goes for independent artists whom our support really helps and that it ACTUALLY matters monetarily. When there's an artist i truly enjoy and support, i buy the CD to show that that singer/group has my support. And most of the time, i'm not disapointed of their work. So there, no regrets at all in spending your lunch money of the week into buying some records :P

This morning i went to the office supplies store to get some stationnaries and notebooks for school. Passing by the store, i couldn't help but going in the record store. I think i have bought a least 10 albums within the month plus another one today. They had one last copy of MariƩ Digby's album Unfold. I really love her album so far. I've watch most of her youtube videos in the past and the girl can sing/compose/play. My favorite songs are "Say it Again", "Voice on the Radio" and "Spell". The other songs are equally good but the meaning and lyrics of those three i love the most. I'm already looking through iTunes for some albums and listed a few to buy for my next visit to the record store. Strangely enough, i have a lot of Jazz albums i want. Jazz, i never knew i would LOVE listening to it so much and all of this because of Mr. Stevie Wonder and Corinne Baily Rae.

I also found a new love for 21 y.o. actress Ashley Greene aka Alice Cullen in Twilight. I can't help but go 'awe' over her. I love how she just fits the character of Alice so well with her petite pixie like look. I think she's so cute and super photogenic! She such a great model too. The editorial images at the bottom are from the Winter 08' Hollywood Life mag. I just had to use her as my muse in my banner. I'm really looking forward to see more of her projects in the future and of course, in New Moon. The girl is talented.


1 comment:

  1. she's pretty! i love her pixie hair in twilight. i knew that picture looked vaguely familiar =D

    i think it's really awesome that you actually buy cd's. it's def. a great way to support the artists we like. people say that they don't profit much from it, but most real musicians just do what they do simply for the love of music, so i'm sure that if a fan buys their cd...it means something to them--rather than just a bunch of people dling/streaming their music. BUT of course i dled most of my music because i'm too much of a brokeass. oh, and i would love to collect old music records. too bad i don't have a record player and the ones out there are crazy expensive!! -o-

    good luck with your class! physics >___< ooh, i hope you can find a new job, too. you are much too cool to be folding jeans =)

    lol i noticed they play that song in so many stores!

    ReplyDelete