Thursday, January 1, 2009

twenty-oh-nine

Somehow the number nine scares me. Not that i thought year 08 was my favorite (au contraire i expected A LOT more from that year) but i'm not a fan of the number nine. It has not even been a whole day yet! Last night, some close friends and i had dinner at my house. I remember when i was younger, my parents would always be invited to different venues and parties. I always thought that someday, my friends and i were to do the same. Now its just funny how as we get older we feel less festive. Other than dinner, we just sat around and talked. My mom made us watch with her her usual korean horror movie which they aired on Arirang every evening at 8pm. That would probably be one of the best highlights of the evening. I usually hate horror movies, but this time i had a great laugh as one of us would start saying random comments throughout 'The Tale of Two Sisters' . After a quick 'happy new year' with champagne and a 5 minute phone call with my family in the US, i headed to my room and quickly fell asleep -sigh- Sleep...

Today I thought of one thing my co-worker mentioned to me before new year. She said something about her horoscope for this year. Now that i'm on the edge of boredom and that i've put New Moon aside for a while i decided to look up for my horoscope. I literally LOLed at a few of them but they all seemed to balance really well. Here's one of the most understandable of all the ones i've checked. Short and simple.

''2009 Libra Forecast : The conjunction of venus and uranus gives you good charisma and makes you romantic. You may have unusual and original ideas about art and love. You will be independent and enjoy financial advantages. You will be very optimistic and able to inspire others. You are also likely to be very lucky. You are very vigorous and have strong vitality and are very firm about your beliefs.''

'The conjunction of venus and uranus gives you good charisma and makes you romantic.' - I have to admit, i am a hopeless romantic. 'You may have unusual and original ideas about art and love.' - Does wishing mythical characters exist and falling in love with a vampire counts as unusual? (kekee) 'You will be very optimistic and able to inspire others. You are also likely to be very lucky.' I doubt the lucky part. I've had enough episodes of non-lucky events going on so far that i don't think i will rely on that for a certain time. Anyways, happy new year everyone!

1 comment:

  1. i'm not fond of the number 9 either...but it's a brand new year and it'll be whatever we make it =)

    i heard that movie is scary! >__<

    i still have the blooming flower for libra :D. i haven't used it yet. hehe you inspire me. and maybe that LUCKY person will come soon into your life ;)

    happy belated new years twinnie! imy<3

    ReplyDelete