Thursday, March 26, 2009

Telenovela, anyone?

First of all, I totally suck when it comes to updating my blogger and I feel really guilty. I log in here often to read the updates of other bloggers but i can't seem to find the time to update mine. On one hand, i'm consistently running around, going to work and school. I'm also trying to spend some quality time with the family, which i've omitted the past few years. However, those who really knows me knows that I procastinate on most parts. -sigh- My mom is right. How am i suppose to find a husband if i keep on being a lazyball like i am right now? Big time fail!

Anyways.

I've been clued to my TV screen for the past few weeks it's ridiculous! Since my satellite dish died on us a month ago and we don't have cable anymore, my mom has been making me watch thai soap operas with her on DVD. Back in high school i used to be obsess with this. I would go to the "khmer vdo store" - which is basically someone's house- and rent videocassettes of dubbed thai dramas. But then, like everyone, i got swept in the hallyu wave. It wasn't until recently (dead satellite dish, nada cable, the lonely TV...) that i decided 'Yeah, why not?'. I might discover why i was so hooked to it in the first place and drift back to my innocent youth years. What other way to start my thai drama comeback with Jai Rao (which litteraly means 'Broken Heart'), starring the one and only Ken Theeradeth (might i add is a superb, a-listed actor in Thailand). There was 5 DVDs, each containing up to 4-5 episodes. One episodes last about 60 minutes. So in all, the whole drama is around 20-25 hours.

I completely devoured the serie within a day and a half. Insane? I know. I never knew how much i would miss whatching that stuff. The bitch slapping scenes, the forceful kiss scenes and the classic attempt rape scenes. I was at awe. The fangirl in me suddenly squealed and spazzed. It also made me want more. I've been making my mom rent some more DVDs. I've listed her a bunch a dramas but most the good and recent ones aren't dubbed yet. So i watch most of them online in the original thai version. I think it's good. I'll get to practice my thai again (:

My-oh-my was this week Gossip Girl episode hot or what?! It's about time they're returning back to their basics! The other episodes were so mediocre ever since Bart Bass passed away and Chuck -sigh my Chuck- went downhill. The Humphrey teacherpet-sex-in-the-wardrobe-closet in last week episode? o_O Come on, Josh Schwartz! You can make dirty more pleasant to watch than that and how thankful i am you did in this week episode. Leighton Meester totally delivered! I love how she portrays Blair Waldorf in the most evil-conceited-bitchy way. Though we did get to see a little bit of her softer side in the past episodes, but post-Yale Blair, i like it. Dorota yelling in Polish also made my evening; double the like! The only thing i didn't like was seeing Chuck vunerable and being turned away. He didn't even wear purple this week!!! T__T I can't wait til next week. Seriously. Little J sweet sixteen disaster, redemption in the form of Blair + Nate + Chuck + Vanessa triangle (or a square?) and Chuck wearing purple (oh he better be!). Everything old is indeed new again.


Before i go, I bought myself the April issue of GQ last week. My hobo cleaned himself up and is currently gracing their cover! I'm dazzled. He's simply gorgeous. And yes, i got the Twilight DVD. I shall spazz about it in my next post. I've writen enough for today.


2 comments:

  1. i must say, your hobo cleans up quite nicely ;)

    gossip girl last week was so great! i totally agree with you on the last few weeks being so mediocre. dan and rachel? seriously, did they really have to pull that storyline. there were so many pointless ones, too.

    haha i see you bought the twilight dvd =) did you finish the series yet? i don't remember if you did, lol.

    i'm on my spring break and i'll probably be lazying around doing nothing as well! my mom gives me the same speech only she adds in the part of me going nowhere in life blah blah.

    by the way i just noticed kristen stewart for nylon (i secretly ship those two hahahaha :X) no wait, i'm so silly. edward cullen/rob patt is all yours =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you got that right! haha but yeah.. i can't deny the fact that they do look good on/off screen -sigh-

    yes, i did finish the whole series. i would have been done within weeks but i was busy at that time and mopy Bella ruined everything in the second book. but it got really good afterward. book 3 was probably my fav.

    ReplyDelete