Monday, March 30, 2009

Hobo hunting

The funniest thing happen this weekend. The weather was great on Saturday and for once i didn't sleep in. I woke up early that morning and had breakfast with my parents. One of my brother was working, while the other one was at his tutoring class so it was a quiet morning. Around noon my parents and i went out to do some grocery shopping. So in the car ride to the grocery store, Jai Ho by the Pussycat Dolls came up on the radio.

Mom: "What kind of song is this? It's so vulgar." (in khmer)
Me: "It's the english remake song from the movie Slumdog. You know, that indian movie we watched together."
Mom: "I know that. But why are they saying bad words?"
Me: "Huh? I don't hear bad words..."
Mom: "Wait, listen for it. See, right there at that part he's saying something bad! Shouln't they be censoring this?"
Me: "All i'm hearing is 'Jai Ho', mom."
Mom: "That's exactly what i'm saying. He's saying 'Giant H*e!' "
Me: "..."
Mom: "You see! He's saying it again. 'Giant H*eeee!!!' "
Me: *knock down*

Moving along. I got my copy of Twilight last week! Finally i'll get to watch my hobo sparkle on my TV screen. I know that i've read the books after watching the movie but the books were a bijillion times better than the movie. I guess it had to do with it being low budget and skimmed threw since the books were based on Bella's perpective. But then again, most movies don't always turn out to be like what they were in the books. They had a 3 disc collectors version at HMV but i'm content with my 2 disc one. The special features were fun to watch and i would do anything to listen to Rob talk with his English accent in the commentary part. It is drool worthy. Since i'm already talking about Twilight, the cast are in Vancouver BC and is currently filming New Moon. In Vancouver, Canada. ON MY EFFING CANADIAN GROUNDS!?! -sigh- Good thing i have a friend there. I'm having her go on a stalking expedition haha. She have reported finding the filming location but no signs of my hobo. As for the rest of the cast, she said some of them were spotted walking around downtown a few weeks back. I told her to stalk most of the coffee shoppe around dt. Maybe she'll bump into him ;)



Rob out and about around dt, Vancouver looking hot!!!



Edward Cullen comeback <3
*pictures credited to celebrity-gossip.net

3 comments:

  1. hahaha!! i love it when parents listen to songs and completely misunderstand lyrics.
    rihanna's 'umbrella' played on the car radio once and my mom claimed that it was an arab-style song because 'of its beat' (omgwut) and because she said 'allah allah allah'. o___________O

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha that's really funny! what makes laugh even more is that they are so convinced with what they hear that you would have to admit defeat. like so, they've proved to you that they're right -_-;;

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm not sure if it's suitable (haha get it? ok, i'm dumb T__T) to call him hobo :P the boy is looking damn good.

    lol, your mom is cute!

    ReplyDelete