Friday, August 20, 2010

The simple things

In some odd ways, i find that we all tend to accept the insignificant things that bother us than it is to take notice of the special little moments in our daily lives. I greatly accept with defeat as i am one to acknowledge this fact. It may be a surprise to some as i do not show it as much, but i am proud to say that i pay more attention to the simple things that make me smile. I've narrowed it down to a list of top ten.
1. When people thank me after offering my seat in the bus.
2. When i find the perfect pair of shoes and the perfect accessories to go with my perfect outfit.
3. When i'd always find a place to be whenever i'm not feeling well.
4. When i find money in places i had forgotten about.
5. When i'm done baking or cooking and the kitchen smells the result of my great efforts.
6. When my mom tries to speak french/english to me.
7. When the light first dim at the beginning of a movie.
8. When he calls saying that he's in front of the house.
9. When i climb under covers that have been freshly washed.
10. When i take my first spoonful of strawberry ice cream right out of the carton.
What are the simple things that makes you happy? :)

1 comment:

  1. 1. homemade gifts from the heart
    2. reminiscing with old friends
    3. hearing an old song i've forgotten but still love.
    4. warm summer nights where it isn't too hot or cold, just perfect.
    5. waking up too early but remembering it's the weekend.
    6. when he places his hand out while driving so i can hold it.
    7. kind strangers
    8. the end of missing someone.
    9. cotton candy, cherry blossoms, paper goods, and sweet little things.
    10. catching up with my twinnie :)

    ReplyDelete