Monday, December 20, 2010

I'm A Masochist

In love relationships, there is a fine line between pleasure and pain. In fact, there's a common belief that a relationship without pain is a relationship not worth having. To some, pain implies growth. But how do we know when the growing pain stops and the pain pain takes over? Are we masochist or optimist if we decide to walk that fine line? The question that i should be asking is this: When it comes to relationships, whether it's mutual or platonic, how do you know when enough is enough?

Somewhere along the way, i told myself it might be over. But i'm addicted to the pain. The exquisite pain of wanting someone so unattainable. There are times when i get a sudden rush to just reach out. Ask him to think and care about me. Give me the attention. Make me believe that we're worth it. Prove to me that he is worth it. But lately, particularly in those moments, i feel like i'm being tied down. Some part of me just holds me back knowing that i might had gone too far, that i am asking for too much. Reached my limit.

Humans are fragile beings. We can only hold so much in.

Enough is enough when you begin to put yourself in the shoes of the person who you're waiting for and reject the possibility of being happy with someone new and amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment