Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Empire State of Fashion







This week, I felt like a kid in a candy store every time i got my daily updates on NYFW. Sadly all of this comes to an end tomorrow, but nonetheless it was a spectacular week. We're expecting to see a lot of nude and gray hues for Fall/Winter 2011, as well as splashes of ruby red and navy tones here and there. We're also seeing a lot of melange of summery materials such as chiffon and silk put together with the knits, furs, and tweeds; which in my opinion is an extraordinary combination.

Alexander Wang, DVF, Prabal Gurung, Rodarte, Altuzzara and of course, Marc Jacobs were amongst my favorites of the season. Genius would be too small of a word to describe each of the collections. I still ask myself how in the world they do it. I guess it takes a creative gifted mind and dedication to pull of such art.

2 comments:

  1. i always love your fashion related posts. makes me wonder why you aren't pursuing this field sometimes. more than a passion, but short of a profession i guess :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the more that i think of it, the more that i see myself being in this world.

    i also want to be "a dictator of taste" ;)

    ReplyDelete