Saturday, June 4, 2011

Confession Part III

I've never been so sure of anything. It's like, I've finally come to understand the difference between dread and fear, and those nervous butterflies that everyone keeps talking about. You want to know how I know? Because when I'm with you, I feel those butterflies fluttering around inside of me. But they don't make me want to run the other direction, like the fear has done before. If anything, they make me want to press myself as close as I can - skin to skin, heartbeat to heartbeat. Because when I do that, the butterflies quiet their wings for a bit and they let me feel you. Feel all of you. And it's in those moments that I realize that the fear I feel is only surface level. It's the kind of fear you feel right before you turn on a bright light after hours of being in the dark- just a few seconds before you open your eyes to see something so beautiful, something you couldn't see before. For the first time in my life, I don't want to run away.

I want to be with you.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with the comment above. This is beautifully written. I've been reading your blog for a while and I must say that I can relate to every posts that you have :)

    Whoever this person is, he must be very lucky to have you in his life right now.

    ReplyDelete