Thursday, July 14, 2011

Blueberry Boy Bait


I literally grew up in the kitchen. At the tender age of 3 I was already going through the cupboards, pulling out bowls and random dry ingredients because I was imitating whatever my mom was doing. Little did I know I’d find myself being able to understand the mechanism of chopping and stir-frying; it soon became a passion of mine. Nothing makes me happier than to be able to cook for friends and family. It’s weird, but it’s the one skill that I have which I’m not afraid to show off and be confident about it. Till this day I’m grateful that my mother had given me her talent.

After spotting this recipe on one of my favourite food blog, Smitten Kitchen, I couldn’t resist sharing. It’s pretty easy to understand why. Rumour has it, this treat was blessed with its great name back in 1954 when a young girl stole the show in a junior Pillsbury Bake-Off after announcing her treat was named for the effect it had on boys (aww)

You’d think Boy Bait would consist of a top sirloin, gravy and some seriously creamy mashed potatoes—but you would be wrong. After putting this recipe to the test, I was pleasantly surprised to find the name yielded said results. It’s buttery and rich. And it was consumed in just a few sittings by the men in my household. I have yet to test these out and see what my friends think but I’m not surprised that this Blueberry Boy Bait is a certified crowd pleaser.

Recipe is found here. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment