Saturday, January 14, 2012

Jason Wu x TARGET

After hints via Twitter and a few teaser images, the full Jason Wu for Target lookbook is finally out!!! I honestly think this is one of Target's best designer collaboration I've seen to date. I love love love LOVE Jason Wu. He previously told the New York Times, "My goal was not to duplicate anything from my main collection... Instead I designed completely new clothes and accessories that reflect my taste and have a voice of their own."

And he definitely accomplished his goal. In keeping with his signature aesthetic, there's lots of pleating, bows, modest necklines, and nipped-at-the waist shapes. Fabric-wise, there's a nice mix of solids, stripes, florals and lace. The clothes are not the lacy and glamorous looks of the runway but rather flirty, playful looks that the average woman could wear to work, brunch or a cocktail party (or that the fashion-savvy high school student could wear to class - especially those cute penny loafers with socks...I mean COME'ON!). The color palette skews nautical with plenty of navy and red, but there's a great splash of mustard (seen in Wu's F/W 2011 runway collection) and of course a healthy dose of black. And then there are the accessories and the bags, which are also fun and simple to sport. And if the designs themselves weren't appealing enough (which I highly doubt), the prices will definitely grab you. Pieces range from $19.99 to $59.99 for clothes and $19.99 to $49.99 for accessories.

Target should have do me a favor and waited until Canada open their first stores here. But sadly I'll have to see if I can eBay a few pieces once they hit stores across the US February 5th 2012. For those who can, GO PITCH A TENT IN FRONT OF TARGET NOW! You won't regret it :)

















1 comment:

  1. too bad the collection doesn't come out 20 days later, when in i'm san francisco...! the collection is so sweet and feminine, that navy and red stripes dress is calling me...

    ReplyDelete