Thursday, January 15, 2009

Why So Serious?

And so i missed the Golden Globes last sunday. Not that i'm into any award shows on TV but i was anticipating the red carpet special and i rarely miss those. Unfortunately my satellite dish didn't cooperate with the signals that day and i ended spending my sunday afternoon reading. Apparently i didn't miss much except that Heath Ledger won for best supporting actor in a drama. -sigh- He was such an amazing actor. Anyways, i looked up online the pictures and not a lot of the celebs caught my eyes. I did narrowed my top five favorite dresses.





Amy Adams - The sweetheart bust, glittery black sequins Oscar de la Renta dress was super gorgeous on her! I say it's really hard to pull of such a big gown in that color especially but it suited her so well. I also like how simple she did her hair and not to mention the subtle bold roussette colour that was a nice contrast with the gown.





Anne Hathaway - I have this thing for the colour navy lately. I'm happy that she decided to choose this colour for a dress because as you can see, she has a really light porcelain skin tone. The Armani Privé dress also stands out because of the intricate details of the beading and sequins on the upper bust and down. She reminded me of those special collection fashion Barbie dolls in this dress.






Evan Rachel Wood - Heil to super genius Elie Saab for pulling Evan Rachel Wood from her post-breakup with Marilyn Manson. It may sound bias because she is wearing one of my favorite designer dress but it did look amazing on her. The concept is really similar to what Amy Adams wore above but of course this look is more sexy. Angelina Jolie maybe?




Laura Linney - I adore the colour and the way the chiffon flows. It was definitely the right dress for her.






Rumer Willis - I LOVEEE IT!!!!! I feel like owning one myself. -sigh- If only my parents were one of Hollywood biggest celebs T_T This Reem Acra plum chiffon gown looked super stunning on Rumer and i really like how she kept it simple.



Speaking of Heath earlier, a friend showed me a funny spoof of The Dark Knight. I thought it was genius and I had a good laugh. Last year, the Wong Fu guys had a video contest going on. The winner of the contest did something similar to the trailer of Batman. I really envy those with video editing skills.






2 comments:

  1. heath ledger IS amazing. i don't think he got enough credit for his previous works (but dark night hands down...he definitely showed the world that he is totally a 4d actor).

    the last dress is really pretty. i love the color =) i also like evan's and anne's dresses. anne hathaway is so classy<3

    haha love those videos =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, and we're to cute to be asian nerds!

    the world is really small. let's hope i can run into you soon enough :)

    nice header!

    ReplyDelete