Sunday, September 19, 2010

On-Demand


I remember back then, I was one of those who would spend their Saturday nights at home, watching over-the-top cheesy romantic comedies, eating ice cream in my pjs and day dream about my knight in shinning armor. I was that girl. That girl who looked for love. Not the far-fetched, Korean drama, fairytale kind of love (although i am a dreamer). I looked for the kind of love that would make you smile at the slightest mention of his/her name; the kind of love that gets the best out of you because to his/her eyes, you're special. The kind of love that is real and time consuming. That kind of love. Sadly, i have not encountered that yet. All i got, in the past, from the guys that i was interested in was "I like you...but as a friend." Til this day, that line is like acid to me. Ok, I don't want to sound like i'm bragging, but i think i'm the epitome of the "perfect girlfriend" (please do not burst my bubble, thankyouverymuch!). Seriously, dudes out there would be hella lucky to have me in their life. Down to earth, loving, patient, smart, understanding, knows how to cook and to please the parents...I mean, what more can you ask for?! -sigh- Anyways, that is not my point. My point is, lately, I have tried to focus on some more important issues in my life. Putting aside the unnecessary stuff and start a cleansing process...but that took a surprising turn. I learned that things just happens when you least expect it and they ALL come at the same time. It's hard to describe, so i'd rather present to you the individuals per say.

Exhibit A: The musician
I met him in one of my evening classes last year. We didn't really talk the first semester. All i remember is that he stood out of all the people there because he had a particular style; sort of like Zac Efron meets Kurt Cobain. Quite frankly, you would get the impression that he's dumb because of the way he looks...WRONG! He was the straight A student in that class and the guy spits poetry outta his mouth every time he talks. I was dumbfounded and even more surprised to see him in one of my classes again the following semester. This time, I sat behind him in that class. We started talking when we were paired for a team assignment and since that day, we bonded really well. We had a lot in common; from music to political p.o.v. I was enlighten by his way of thinking and every conversations we had was pleasant. We exchanged numbers and we would sms from time to time. I even went to one of his gigs, a few weeks before i left on vacation.

Exhibit B: The friend of a friend
A friend of ours introduced us two years ago, at my birthday party. My first impression of him was nice and he was a gentleman. That night, after one of my friend ended drinking too much, Mr. X decided to offer him and I a ride home since we lived in the same area. I hesitated at first because I've just met the guy, but I went along with my good judgement and I agreed. Ever since that night, we've always kept in touch online via fb, msn, etc. I never saw him again up until recently. I would have to say it was the most random meeting I've ever had, but I had a great time that day. He's been sms'ing quite often lately too.

Exhibit C: The high school jock
During my first week of class, i ran into an old "friend". Actually he was my high school senior and everyone knew him back then. I couldn't really say the least: he was one of the star basketball player and a big jock. I didn't think he would recognize me at first, but he surprised me he called out my name. The first thing he said to me was "Damn girl, you look fine!". To be honest, i don't know if i should be flattered or insulted by that comment. Nonetheless, i was happy to see him again. We would run into each other from time to time in between classes now and we would regularly talk.

I find it great and overwelming that the guys have shown some sort of interest. I mean, for the first time when i'm not looking, there comes all of them at once. The only problem is, I'm not quite used to this yet. I don't know how to respond to it.

2 comments:

  1. "Ok, I don't want to sound like i'm bragging, but i think i'm the epitome of the "perfect girlfriend""

    THIS. if i were a guy, i'd be in love with you and not in a platonic friend kinda way. pls don't be freaked out haha.

    damnnn girl, work it! jk. obviously these guys know a good catch when they see one. i say have some fun.

    i love you twinnie. i'm always here for you. ALWAYS<3

    ReplyDelete