Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Blogging Basics

"I hope that this blog stays with me and follows my adventure into -gulps- adulthood." - 10.27.08

October 27th will mark Bonjoo Tea 4th anniversary. Really? 4 years already? It feels like it was just yesterday when outta boredom i decided to start this stupid thing called "blogging" (which til this day i still find the word unappealing) without thinking that i would have stuck with me all this time. I still can't believe how far i've come. The idea was simple; i wanted to be able to share my thoughts with the world. And i did.

Truth to be told, i've never liked writing. But in my early pubescent years i've discovered that a pen and a paper would be the closest thing i'd hold close to my heart. Being confined in my own thoughts during those years, what started as naive rants in journal entries slowly turned into a religious practice of pouring my heart on paper until words flooded at the tip of my pen effortlessly. I had found (without sounding too mantra-ish) inner peace with myself. Today, i still get that sense of reassurance whenever i publish a new post because whether you like to think of yourself as being an individualist, deep down you that there's at least one person out there that can relate to you. Like i wrote in a few post back, i've hinted that i'm working on some new stuff to develop this "baby" of mine. I really want to go back to the fundamental basics of what this blog was meant to be about. Knowing myself, i will probably not update every single day but in order to be active regularly, i've decided to have theme-like posts according to the day the entries are posted:

Monday - Inspirations: Whether it's quotes from people, a line from a favorite movie or random ideas popping in my head while i'm in the shower, these entries will be about everything and nothing. I'd like to think of it whatever is my cup of tea (pun intended), i'd share that with the world.

Tuesday - Beauty: I'm no beauty guru, but when it comes to primping and taking care of oneself i have acquired a few knowledge in that department (And this coming from a girl who used to smear her mom's expensive red lip stick all over her face when she was 4. Winning!)

Wednesday - Fashion: The word says it all.

Thursday - Food: My passion for culinary delicacies goes wayyyy back. I simply love cooking and from now on, i'll get to share a few recipes and show off my skills. Have i ever told you that my sandwiches are THE bomb? Yes, my future boyfriend will be very proud of me.

Friday - Favorites: Because I think it’s oddly more acceptable to complain about the trivial things that bother you than it is to take note of special little moments throughout the day. Until there’s a word that describes those simple things that make you smile, Fridays posts will consist of a list of 5 things that made me happy throughout the week.

Saturday - Lifestyle: People, places and things. Pretty much a glimpse of my everyday life in the city.

Sunday - Nostalgia: Not only it's my favorite word, but somehow (and I don't know why) I tend to sink into my deepest thoughts whenever i let myself reminisce about the past and/or whenever i think about the future. These entries will be the uncensored version of my verbal speech; up close and personal.

No comments:

Post a Comment